Thursday, December 28, 2006

Fish!!!


Evan had an appointment with his cardiologist today. It was a simple follow up to make sure that everything was fine with his pacemaker. Since my parents are in town and my husband had the day off work I thought it would be fun for us to play tourist and see some of the sights.

I had originally thought that we could do to the zoo. We had an awful rain storm yesterday and it was super windy today so we switched it to something more indoors. Since the boys love fish we decided that going to the aquarium would be lots of fun. Harry got so into the spirit of things that he added the word fish to his vocabulary. Evan was so excited that he thought nothing of walking the whole time (which is something that would not have happened before his surgery). We finished up the trip with a lunch of fish and chips forgoing the traditional clam chowder for something we knew both boys would love.

It was very neat that a lot of the tanks were low enough that little kids could look in with out having to be held up to see.

This is Harry and my mother in the tunnel part of the aquarium. Harry was very excited to see fish swimming over his head.

This was the touch part of the aquarium. Harry wanted to go swimming withe the leopard sharks that were in the tank. The sharks were smooth if you pet them front to back. If you tried stroking them the wrong way then the skin felt like sand paper.

Evan was very excited that he was finally able to touch something. He was too little to reach into the shark tank with out going in up past his arm and possibly falling in to boot. Starfish in a tidal pool were much more his speed.

Harry is really into puppets so he was quite excited to see this shark puppet in the gift shop. He threw a huge fit when it had to be taken from him to be payed for.

This last picture is for you Gina. I had no idea you and your husband kept a boat here. You claim to live in Southern California but I am kinda wondering.

11 comments:

Brittney said...

Great picture of Evan petting the starfish! Very cute. Love the last picture, but only because I'm a huge fan of boats on lakes. I don't know how that happened seeing that I live in a land locked state, but oh well. I guess my grandmother wore off on me. She's from Maine.

Brittney

Pendullum said...

I am glad the surgery was a success and that your boys had this delightful adventure with you and their grandparents...

Thanks for letting me play tourist too!

Jenifer said...

Sounds like you had a great day. I'm glad that Evan is doing well after his surgery. My daughter also loves our Aqurium out here. Her favorite exhibit is the penguins. They have these windows in the tanks that are like huge concave bubbles of glass. Small kids can sit in them and it's almost like being right in the tank. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow looks like a wonderful time and how exciting that Evan is doing so much better!

Ooo don't forget that your Nano can hold pictures of you awesome kids!

Gina said...

Ha! Well, I guess I haven't told you about our vacation home up in SF.

Not!

That's a pretty nice boat, though. At least I'm not named after some cruddy little canoe or something. ;)

Anne/kq said...

What a fun day! Glad the surgery went well, and that you had such fun! I can't wait until my younger is old enough for places like the zoo and the aquarium...

Chellie said...

Cool about your nano! They are awesome little things, aren't they?

I love your pictures and it looks so fun at the aquarium! I'm glad your kids had a good time!

Vicky said...

Lovely fishy day! I love taking kids to such places, because the kids themselves are so interesting to watch as they soak up all the new stuff.

Congratulations on the nano! I got one too! Mine's one of those RED ones (some money goes to an AIDs charity). What colour is yours? I must catch up on my own posting...

Tracy said...

What a fun day!

Awesome Mom said...

Mine is silver. I am glad that it is a more neutral color. The silver makes it looks more sleek.

Vicky said...

I have to admit that as soon as I saw my red nano I wanted to stick it in my mouth and chew it! It is soooo cute! You will be pleased to know that I resisted the impulse and have been drifting off to sleep to "The Silver Chair" by CS Lewis for the past few nights (Most of what I have on CD is audio books in English for the boys!)