Friday, November 03, 2006

I voted!

I am an absentee voter so I bit the bullet and filled out my ballot. I like voting because I feel like I am doing my civic duty but I also kind of hate it. I research, I see the commercials and I read the newspaper articles yet still feel so overwhelmed and undereducated about the issues. The big issues also tend to drown out the smaller local issues. It is hard to decide between two candidates when I have never even seen their names before. How are you supposed to choose when all you know about them is their names?

4 comments:

Gina said...

Yes, we sent our absentee ballots in las Friday. I hate voting for the judges the most, I have absolutely no idea who any of them are.

emily said...

Go straight ticket or leave them blank. I don't believe blanks discount your entire ballot.

Dr. A said...

I'm voting tonight. I've never done absentee before, and I like it a lot better. Not the pressure of making a decision right away, and I can actually think about who and what I'm voting for.

Anne/kq said...

We did early touch-screen voting this year, but we're considering becoming permanent absentee voters. It would just be easier.

As for being informed on some of the "minor" races, I love the information the League of Women Voters puts out before each election. Google your state and "league of women voters" and they present unbiased information and links to more unbiased information on just about every race and issue in the current election. :)