Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I love my town

I love the town I live in. There are a few drawbacks to living here. The price for a starter home is insane. The weather is great and there are so many nice people that live here. I also love that we are in a pretty rural area but we actually don't have many of the drawbacks of living in a rural area, there are plenty of shopping and other amenities.

My favorite part about this town is the lovely green belts in the town. There are nice walking paths and lost of greenery so you can pretend that you are not in a built up area. Going out for walks is much easier, if you walk with a double stroller on residential areas the dips for the driveways makes it hard to push the stroller. A smooth path is much easier on your arms.

I also like that the constant hum of traffic is not buzzing in your ear. I love to use my walking time as a chance to think and meditate. It is much harder to achieve inner peace when you are annoyed by the sound of traffic.

The walking paths are often connected to the many parks that exist in my town. There are probably 6 or 7 parks in this relatively small town. Each one is located near a school which is located in a neighborhood. This is a very well planned planned community. There is also talk of putting community gardens in a few of the lesser used parks. I would love that because then we could grow more vegetables in the summer.

4 comments:

Gina said...

So pretty!

Anonymous said...

I live in a little small town too, and LOVE IT! I don't think I'll ever go back to the big bad city...

Anonymous said...

The picture of your double stroller reminded me of when Riley & Carson were that age and I would go for walks pushing our big stroller! Talk about a workout! Looks like you do have a very nice town and a great place to raise kids. Thanks for sharing!

:0)

Anonymous said...

ok that walking trail looks awesome!!!