Saturday, September 30, 2006

Irony

This morning as I was trying to get a nice spiritual high while listening to the morning session of Conference, a talk came on about patience. I would have loved to listen to it but just then Evan decided that I absolutely had to read him a book. When I told him to put it away and that I would not be reading it to him during Conference he proceeded to try and insist that I read to him. Tears ensued each time I refused drowning out what I am sure was a wonderful talk.

Later on after I put Evan in his room for some time out, after he had an angry puke, the hymn Love At Home was sung. Again the irony was thick in the room as I was still quite agitated and frustrated with my first born. There was not "beauty all around" in my home. Hopefully I will be able to listen to the rest of Conference with out any more sever interruptions, but I am not holding my breath.

No comments: