Sunday, September 10, 2006

With nasty sharp pointy teeth

Evan popped out his first tooth when he was four and a half months old. He became a bit of a shark destroying blankets that were knit. His tied quilt that his great grandma lovingly made for him was trashed. He was restricted to certain kinds of fleece blankets and quilts that were sewn. I have several throw blankets that only come out at night because they have teeth holes in them. Evan also liked to eat his stuffed animals that have that fuzzy hair on them, so those to were banished from the house.

Harry teethed later. He has not even looked at blankets for chewing on. He ignores the stuffed animals. Harry prefers the taste of human meat. He has bite marks on his thumbs from him chewing and sucking on them. I am mildly worried about infection but I know that realistically there is not much I can really do about it. He also has a taste for toes. I am very observant and have avoided being bitten but Harry has gone several times for my toes. Evan is not as quick about it and twice this weekend has been bitten hard on the toe. Luckily the skin was not broken but Evan was most upset about the whole incident and only calmed down after I bribed him with a tasty treat.

I think I am going to have to head to the pet store and get some bones for Harry. Maybe that will satisfy his chewing urge and then all our toes will be safe.

5 comments:

bella said...

Oh dear! You're skeering me!!

(CC is starting to cut his first teeth-- we can see them in there, but they haven't broken through yet! and I'm still nursing... I've been in denial forever about how its not that bad... see if I still think that the first time he sinks those things into my flesh!)

And poor Evan's toes! Hope Harry moves past this stage quick!

(And: woohoo! Another Monte Python fan! :))

bella

Anonymous said...

awww poor toes!!!

Frozen washcloths and all those traditional teething solutions never worked eh?!?!

Awesome Mom said...

He dosen't like picking up anything cold. It is frustrating that he can't be like normal kids but then he is my child so what should I expect?

Nancy Evans said...

Hmmm... He is turning out like his "cousins" the rat babies. They love toes too! Is there a rodent in our family tree?

Millie said...

It'd be a lot cheaper to just give Harry one of your old shoes to chew. ;)