Saturday, September 30, 2006

I have been tagged

The Laundress has tagged me with the seven songs meme.
Seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words or even if they're not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now.
This one has been a bit of a toughie for me. I love music but currently my enjoyment has been rather passive. Generally when music is playing it is on the radio so have little control over what is playing. Here are seven songs that have stood the test of time with me.

  1. Oye como va by Santana
  2. Owner of a Lonely Heart by Yes
  3. Shine on You Crazy Diamond parts 1-9 by Pink Floyd
  4. Even Flow by Pearl Jam
  5. Devil's Dance Floor by Flogging Molly
  6. Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
  7. One More Minute by Wierd Al
As you can see I have a rather odd group of songs. The first three are ones that my parents introduced me to. We listened to a lot of classic rock when I was growing up so I was exposed to a lot of great music that has stood the test of time.

The last four are ones that I discovered on my own. I was (and still am somewhat) very into the Seattle grunge scene when I was a teenager. Jerry Cantrel ( singer in Alice in Chains, which didn't make it on the list but they are still kind of up there) graduated from my High School. I even got a chance to meet him at a Pearl Jam concert. All my friends were green with envy.

Flogging Molly was introduced to me by my sister E who has much better taste in music than me and is still discovering new bands while my taste has stagnated a bit. They are a fun Irish band that have very lively songs.

Wierd Al has been a long time favorite of mine. I discovered him in Junior High and have loved his highly amusing music ever since. I have been to several concerts and own all of his albums. Even my non musical husband has long wanted to attend one of his concerts, so he is rated very highly in our household.

As far as tagging goes I am going to be lame and not tag anyone specific. My brain is all burned out from picking the songs out.

1 comment:

Millie said...

I'm obviously older than you are. ;) I loved "Owner of a Lonely Heart" too... and I love Al. He's my all-time favorite. I'm impressed you have all of his albums! I'll be out finding his newest one today!