Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Youth

The Young Women did a service project with the Young Men tonight and as one of the fearless leaders in the Young Women I was in the thick of things. We were at a local Elementary school helping the teachers get ready for the start of the school year.

I was busy making copies when a teacher came up to me with more copying to be done. She stuck around and chatted with me for a bit. I was pretty suprised when she asked me if I was a student at the local high school. It then dawned on me that she thought I was one of the youth. I laughed and told her that I was not a student and that I was in fact almost ten years out of high school. She was also quite suprised when I told her that I was also a mother of two children.

I got teased the rest of the night by the other leaders that were there to witness the event. It is good to know that I do not look as old as I feel and that I can still pass as a teenager despite the gray that is creeping into my hair.

No comments: