Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I am a shopping dynamo

We hit the mall this afternoon because Harry is in teething hell and I needed a break. Getting out seems to sooth the kids so I guess I lucked out that way. The main purpose behind the trip was to get a few more pair of PJ's for Evan at Old Navy but I also needed to get Evan some more shoes as well.

I left the mall with five Bath and Body Works soaps (they were on sale 5 for $15! I love love love smelly hand soaps), four pairs of shoes for Evan (bogo at Payless), four onesies in a size up (on clearance) from Old Navy along with a polo (on clearance) and two pairs of PJ's, and finally a few toys for Evan for his surgery. Wheew! I guess it is a good thing that I don't go to the mall too often or we would be broke.

On a lark I accepted when the sales lady offered to measure Evan's feet. I thought I was all knowing and that Evan only needed a size up from his size six shoes. Boy was I wrong! Evan is now a size 7 1/2. I should have guessed that his feet were too big when he threw a fit when I was putting on his church shoes this Sunday. I feel bad now for getting frustrated with him. Next time I am going to watch better so things like that don't happen. After all I would not want to stunt his growth.

8 comments:

bella said...

Wow! Sounds like you did a great job! (Wanna come finish my kids' school shopping? I'm so over it already! LOL)

--bella

Mel said...

Wow! Sounds like Evan had a growth spurt! Sometimes I think kids can grow an inch over night.

Anonymous said...

hehe I so adore shopping and I have lucked out so far and my daughter does too!!

Old Navy rocks!

Gina said...

I gotta get over to B&B Works then!

Zephra said...

I have done the shoving feet into too small shoes before. I felt so bad afterwords when I saw his little scrunched up toes.

Awesome Mom said...

I have not actually been impressed with Old Navy previously. They had some decent stuff for girls but not a lot for boys. I think they have hired a new designer or something because this season they have some super cute things for boys.

Millie said...

Love Old Navy. We first discovered it in SLC and spent scads of money there. And I love smelly hand soaps too. :)

Gabriela said...

Sounds like a successful outing. Way to go!