Monday, December 10, 2007

It's check up time

Evan had a very good heart check up today. He was very good for his echo and did not squirm too much. I only had to break out the bribe candy at the very end when he needed to look up so they could see his pulmonary arteries. He was especially impressive with his talking.

We bumped in to Evan's heart surgeon in the parking garage on the way to the hospital. It was neat seeing him again and I was happy that he was able to see how well Evan is doing.

We brought gifts for Evan's cardiologist and the nurse practitioner that works with her. Evan saw me wrapping them and knew what was in them. The second he saw the bags, before I could get a change to give them, he was digging in them to get to out the little spinny light thing that I had put in there. The spinny light things are great for entertaining kids while they are having echos, but they are easily broken. I usually bring a few with me to help them keep fully stocked. I also gave them some of the honey we brought home on Thanksgiving.

Evan's heart is looking just fine. He is still having a persistent pressure gradient, but that is not anything new. It is staying the same, so while his cardiologist is not super thrilled that it is there, there is no reason to do anything about it.

10 comments:

Maddy said...

Well at least that's partly a relief.
Best wishes

This is my calling card or link"Whittereronautism"until blogger comments get themselves sorted out.

chichimama said...

Glad things went well.

Steph said...

Glad to hear the check up went well! Yay! :)

Elizabeth-W said...

That sounds like a good report to me overall :)

Unknown said...

Hey there Awesome,

Hooray for Evan, sounds like no new news is good news.

Love those spinny light things... all of the hospital pediatrics folks need them. Glad you pointed out they break easily. I am going to round up a goody bag of them for our local kids hospital!

Gina said...

I'm so glad to hear that it was such a good checkup!

Nanette said...

They use those same spinning light thingies at the opthamologist. :)

I'm glad to hear there is nothing major to worry about.

Daphne said...

I knew nothing about the heart and cardiologists until I had heart failure after having my daughter 2 years ago. [I found out I had dilated cardiomyopathy due to the pregnancy], but I couldn't imagine it being my baby!! My heart goes out to y'all for what you have been through! And I'm glad his check up went well. God bless!!

Zephra said...

I am so happy everything went well!

Tracy said...

Glad to hear Evan's check up went well :).