Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A harrowing adventure

I have more spring break pics but the camera is upstairs and I am downstairs and I don't feel like fixing the situation so that we are both in the same room.

Today I had a "fun" adventure. On the way back from taking Evan (plus the younger kids) to the big city for a cardiology appointment I got a flat. I was driving on a bridge and felt an odd vibration, at first I thought it was the road since it was under construction but then a guy pulled up next to me and was trying to tell me something. That set off my danger meter so I pulled off as soon as I could (which was not super soon since there were no handy shoulders thanks to construction). I ended up by a toll booth and had to drive on a rim for a little bit to get there.

Evan and Harry were both thrilled when I told them the tire was broken, Harry wanted to get out and see it. Daniel was not happy to be still stuck in his car seat after being stuck in his stroller for so long too. A nice toll booth employee called a trooper to come over and help us get the tire changed. I am a rather liberated woman, but cars are really not my thing and I had a very cranky baby to deal with so I was very thankful for the help.

So tomorrow we get to go buy a set of new tires. We have been pricing them because the tires were getting old, I just wish we had not waited so long, so that this whole thing could have been avoided. I am glad that the Blue and Gold dinner was changed to next week because we would have for sure been late.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A flat tire and a cranky baby---not a good combination!! So glad you had some help.
Years ago had a flat in a parking lot. Knew exactly what to do but I wasn't strong enough to unscrew the lug nuts. A guy offered to change the tire--- very grateful and at the same time frustrated.
diana

Midlife Midwife said...

Poor Awesome Mom! Glad you made it home safe and sound.