Tuesday, March 25, 2008

We pause now for a commercial break

A very interesting, shocking and appalling thing happened to me, but since it involves someone that has been known to threaten to withhold birthday presents (and what I asked her for was something that I really really want, so I am not going to chance that she might actually follow through this time) I will hold of blogging about it until after the present is safely in my hot little hands. Instead you will get a post about Outback Steakhouse.

Hang on a sec while I wipe the drool off of my keyboard.

Ok, I am back now.

Outback is celebrating the 20th anniversary of their opening (The link only works for Internet Explorer just in case you were using a different browser and wondering why the link looked funny). They have some special menu items to help celebrate and they will be available until the end of April. I was given a gift certificate so that I could try out some of the new items, but I decided to stick with the tried and true. Not much beats the simple yet very tasty sirloin steak that they serve. I love that they do not overcook the meat, instead it is cooked to perfection. We splurged a bit and added another classic to our dinner out, the Bloomin' Onion. Evan and Harry ate so much of the onion that their dinner was not inhaled like it normally is. If you are looking for an excuse to go out to eat why not go and help Outback celebrate it's birthday.

6 comments:

Tama said...

Mmmm! Sounds yummy!

Tammy and Parker said...

Hey, I have pictures of my guy in the adorable shorts. Shoot me an email and I'll email them to you!

hodsmom@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Well if you must know, I already bought the yarn. So if you are really desperate for a blog post, go ahead, knock your self out. P.S. Ruby River is a much better steak house. They have deep fried yams. mmmmmmmm.

Gina said...

I lurve some good steak, and we like Outback although we don't go there a whole lot. Thank goodness for gift certificates!

Anonymous said...

sell out

Gabriela said...

We actully have an Outback here in Rio. They make everything with a ton of pepper, is that normal???