Sunday, March 09, 2008

Evan and Harry the builders

We went to Lowe's yesterday. I wanted to pick up some cheap and showy bedding plants for the garden. We now have more sunny space to plant things in since we are not doing any veggies this summer. I know we are moving, but I would like to be able to enjoy what time we do have with the garden. I was rather disappointed with the even lamer than I had thought it would be selection and only came home with some wild flower seeds.

Any way, tangent over. We happened to be there when they were having the monthly (and free) building project for kids. Evan and Harry each got to build a pretty neat periscope with a lot of help from mom and dad. It was pretty fun and they looked so stinking cute in their aprons. I will have to take some pictures later since I did not have my camera on me at the time. Harry loves to look in his periscope until he can see my eyes. It was also very entertaining to peek around the corner when I was making dinner to spy on the boys. I think I will have a lot of fun with the periscopes.

3 comments:

Nancy Evans said...

You should have read my blog entry warning againstbuying plants at bog box stores. Told you so!

Anonymous said...

Too cool that you had good timing on the project. I totally want to see if we have anything like that up here :)

Unknown said...

Funny you did that because just yesterday, I saw two kids in a parking lot with little Home Depot aprons on. I have always wondered how those kid workshops are!