Friday, February 29, 2008

I just can't not post

I know this is supposed to be my day off from posting, but I am so in the habit that I just have to post something.

I ended up going to play yesterday. It had been so long since my friends and I had gathered that I just could not resist. I did bring a toy that I was knitting for Evan's birthday to work on instead of scrapbooking. When we got home there was a message from another friend who wanted to get together and practice knitting (she was not going to be able to go to the activity that night) so she came over and helped me pick up the living room before we knit. It all worked out, the cleaning and fun.

I have been dying to show you these pictures. I made this for my mom so I did not want to ruin the surprise. Now that she is safely in the car on her way here I can post it. The color in the pictures is not the true color. It is a much deeper and darker red. It also has a nice sheep that my poor photography did not catch. The yarn is a wool silk blend that blocked so beautifully. I almost don't want to give this one away.

5 comments:

Karen said...

wow! that's gorgeous!

Elizabeth-W said...

Gorgeous!!!

That girl said...

I love the deep red! It looks lovely.

Family Adventure said...

Your mother will be thrilled! It is beautiful! :)

Heidi

Anonymous said...

Amazing scarf!! I love the details!!

You should look at Project Spectrum .. you would already have an item under your belt.