Wednesday, May 23, 2007

With every fiber of my being (A contest)

Scroll down for new posts.

A mother's obsession with poop starts early. As her digestive system slows during pregnancy an unfortunate side effect is irregularity. Then, once the tiny infant is in your arms, your obsession kicks into high gear and never seems to entirely leave you. That is why I jumped at the chance to review two new Metamucil products that now out in stores.

The first one is called Berry Burst and it supposed to be a delicious drink that is a tasty way to keep you regular and in theory helps reduce your cholesterol. I will not even go in to the cholesterol claims, the science behind these claims are becoming a bit shaky. The delicious drink part of the equation is just not there at all. I am not even sure how this product made it to market. First off there is the artificial sweetener taste to get over. I hate artificial sweetener and the awful aftertaste but still decided to give this drink a fair try. The packaging claimed that the drink had a smooth texture and I agreed, if you compare drinking dirt to drinking this it is smooth. However, if you are a drinker of beverages like water or juice you will find it very gritty. The fiber also has an aftertaste all it's own that when combined with the artificial sweetener aftertaste makes this drink undrinkable if you are the owner of a set of taste buds. Don't buy it, you will be wasting your money.

The next product is called Fibersure. Essentially it is very much like Benefibre. Mixes well in liquids, lives up to it's claims of having no discernible taste and works like a charm. If you are worried that your kids are not getting the fiber they need from their diet of chicken nuggets and cheese it is a snap to sneak this into their milk or any other kind of drink they like. They will never know the difference. It is a bit tricky mixing this in cold liquids, you have to stir a lot, but it is worth it in the end (tee hee).

Now for the contest. I was going to give away your very own set of these products but since I was less than thrilled with the first one I will not be giving fiber away. Instead you are vying for a $20 iTunes gift card(which you don't have to have an iPod to use, you can download iTunes and listen to the music on your computer). All I want from you is for you to blog about your best (or most horrific depending on how you look at it) kid poop story (this child does not even have to be related to you). Link to this contest (so that we can spread the word) and then put the link to your post in the comment section of this post. You have until Wednesday to write your post. Then I will pick the top three and you will get to vote on which one you like best and that person will be the winner. Go forth and write!


Harry took a shine to the fiber containers. He actually took this one upstairs with him for his nap. I wish I could have gotten to my camera in time to show you a picture of him laying down with his little arm wrapped tenderly around that container. It was cute and very hilarious. He did not let me take it away from him until bed time and even then he was quite cranky about having to leave it behind.

17 comments:

Summer said...

Oh, I've got a poop story to blog about that will curl your toes. LOL

Summer said...

Here you go, check this one out.

Poop

Creative-Type Dad said...

Where do I begin?
Hmm, poop marbles rolling down the hall...finding a penny...

Zephra said...

I have way too many poop stories to count. I love the container. I bet it was just so cute to see him hugging it like a teddy.

Vicky said...

I am hoping that my poo story comes out as a link here...

http://hyotenka.blogspot.com/2006/10/ok-poop-story.html

Happy reading!

Gina said...

Huh, I'm a little low on good poop stories. I'll have to think.

PetiteMommy said...

I just reviewed both of these products too!

BTW, you won a Franklin DVD. Please email me. If I hear from you after wednesday I'll get to you next week after vacation. Have a great week!

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

I wrote this post a few weeks ago, does it stil count??

http://thepregnantpause.blogspot.com/2007/04/and-murphy-giggled.html

Good grief. Now that the Blogger Beta makes it so easy to add links, I've forgotten my HTML code. Sorry!

Nancy Evans said...

At least it was the Fibersure container and not the yucky Metamucil. Good choice harry!

Damselfly said...

He was cranky to "leave it behind." Har!

This is a brilliant contest. Who *doesn't* have a story about poop? Great idea.

Jessica said...

I have an oldie, but a goodie. Does it count that i originally posted it on March 1...of this year??? Hope so. Here is the link! Thanks for the great contest.

http://dontgivehimcrackers.blogspot.com/2007/03/captain-poopy-pants-and-his-hurling.html

Sarah said...

I'm updating my links and would like to add yours to my blog if that is okay. I've been following your blog now for a while from Jacob's moms blog. It's too late to add a poop story for your contest but, I didn't want to comment on a contest until you knew who I was - you can read my son's famous poop story -
http://evanbraveheart.blogspot.com/2006/08/warning-this-is-about-poop.html

Lisa said...

HA! What a great idea! I have too many poop stories to count, but my official entry is posted, and you should read the previous entry for even more poopy fun! Great idea and super blog. This is my first visit!
Lisa @ Everday Adventures
http://www.ellistribe.blogspot.com/

Horsey Mama said...

Here's my poop story!
Poopies!

JHS said...

OK. I entered. I just couldn't resist.

Here's the link:
http://www.jhsiess.com/2007/05/another-contest.html

Happy reading! Don't have Oreos and milk while doing it, though. :-0 (Don't say I didn't warn you.)

Qtpies7 said...

My P00py Life story is now posted. http://qtpies7.blogspot.com/2007/05/my-p00py-life-contest-entry.html

If you have a weak stomach, please don't read.

Qtpies7 said...

Wow, I don't know how I got screwed up, but I thought I had until today to get the post done. Your post says until Wednesday to get it in, and you posted last Wednesday.
Oops!
I don't use i-Tunes anyways, I just have lots of p0op stories to share, lol.