Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A change of topic: Chicken Pot Pie Soup

I was looking for a use for leftover cooked chicken and wanted a comforting soup when I found this recipe. After making it I realized that the base made a great starting point for any creamy soup. I have adapted it into a potato corn soup and my husband thinks it would make a great clam chowder too (now all he has to do is get me to want to make it, clams make me want to gag). When I make the chicken version I always add lots of extra veggies to it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm... cream soup I love all cream soups!!!

Midlife Midwife said...

yumm, we had this up a girl's camp in bread bowls. It was soooo yummy.

Holly said...

Ahhh, I love making homemade soup. I love eating it too! Will have to check out the recipe.

Anonymous said...

It's been cold here the last 3 days--even made a fire in the wood stove last night. Homemade soup sounds good.
diana