Thursday, August 14, 2008

Strange

I had an odd dream dream this morning. I had not slept well last night so when the kids were watching Sesame Street I was laying on the couch trying to wake up, only I ended up falling asleep again. In this dream the kids were downstairs watching tv. I suddenly remembered that we had a parrot in our garage that we had found and taken home. I realized that I had not fed it for several days. Upset I tried to get up and feed the parrot only I couldn't because I was really asleep. I managed to wake up but it still took me awhile to realize that we did not actually have a parrot nor did we rescue one.

If I was going to analyze this dream I would decide that it was representational of my feelings about the many and ever expanding responsibilities that I have in my life. I have so much stuff to do every day to keep the house running smoothly and yet there is also time I want to spend with the kids and my husband plus there is me time that I want to spend knitting or reading a good book. I fell like I am dropping the ball at times and things have been slipping mostly in the house cleaning department (my kitchen floor is crying out for me to mop it). But I am not going to analyze it, not today.

What have you been dreaming about?

9 comments:

Elizabeth-W said...

from brilliantdreamsd0t com:
To see a parrot in your dream, represents gossip. A message is being conveyed to you. It may also mean that you or someone is being repetitive. Alternatively, the parrot can denote a person in your waking life who is eccentric or obnoxious.
Just a little somethin' for ya :D

Aunt Kathy said...

Wow a Parrot dream means gossip??? Hmm good to know.

I personally think your dream was your mind telling you that you can't do everything. Something will always get left out, and you will be exhausted trying. I am not sure if you are a praying woman, but I suspect you are... every morning ask God what He wants you to do that day, and as long as you follow His lead, everything will fall into place.

Clean floors are over rated byt he way, smiling, happy loved children and spouses... priceless.

Unknown said...

Wow, talk about random! It's funny because I have vivid dreams every night and yet I can't remember them now. Though I do remember a few days ago Paris Hilton was in my dream and she was ditzier than I ever could have imagined. :-)

Anonymous said...

I haven't remembered any of my dreams lately. wonder what that means!

talitha said...

I have a recurring dream where I am to perform in a musical, and I show up on the day of the performance, and I have no idea the lines, the choreography, the songs, nothing.

I walk around watching everyone else and wondering if I can just follow them and look like I know what I am doing.

Unknown said...

I wish I had slept longer than an hour last night to even dream a little

Tama said...

Your parrot dream reminded me of a some dreams that I have had off and on for years. I keep dreaming that I have forgotten to feed my angora rabbits and that they are skin and bones, dying, and their fur is all falling out. And for some reason I keep getting distracted and can't seem to get out to feed them until the very end of my dream and then they are all dead.

I don't raise angora rabbits anymore. I never did neglect them in any way when I had them though. However, I must have spent a lot of time worrying about their happiness and care.

Unknown said...

I don't think you should parenthesize your awesomeness, own it, Girl, own it!

Valerie said...

I have a recurring dream that I lose my youngest child at Disneyland. It is weird, I have had since he was an infant and now he is 8.