Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Yummy in my tummy

One thing that frequently astounds me is how much food the boys can eat when they are having a growth spurt. When they are on a roll they can eat more than me. Last night we went out for dinner as a special treat. Evan ate his corn dog, 1/3 of my steak and my entire dish of cinnamon apples plus some of the pineapple that was his side dish. Harry ate a cheeseburger most of the pineapple and half of the mandarin oranges that were his side dish. This morning Evan ate three waffles dipped in yogurt plus half of a Clementine and half of a banana, Harry ate the same amount of everything as Evan did. It is a wonder that his small stomach does not explode after being stuffed so full. I am going to be in so much trouble when they become teenagers.

3 comments:

Gina said...

I agree, the growth-spurt thing can make them eat amazing amounts of food!

chichimama said...

Yep. C does the same thing. Interestingly, A does not. So I am guessing it is a boy thing...

Anonymous said...

After all the experiences you had with him not no wanting to eat when he was a baby isnt this great?