Saturday, June 23, 2007

I am baaack!

We had a crazy and fun time. It was neat meeting some relatives that I had only heard about previously and seeing some that I last saw at my reception. This was a reunion for my husband's mother's family, so I had a lot of catching up to do. My own family tree is not all that branched, so we don't really do reunions.

Evan and Harry are quite beat up and filthy from playing outside so much. Harry was quite impressed with my mother-in-law's yard. They have a nice orchard and a lot of berry plants. He thought it was neat that we could go outside and eat all the berries that we could find. Neither of them napped all that good the last couple of days, so I am exhausted and have a bit of a head ache.

On the way down we got to see what happens when truck runs into the bathrooms at a rest stop. The fire fighters that were there to make sure the truck did not burst into flames gave the boys some Smokey the Bear bracelets. Harry was also a bit of a whiner, so we had to stop pretty often to let him stretch his legs.


The motel we stayed at had large cow sculptures in the yard. Evan had fun kissing the cow.


Evan and his beloved VW bus. He had a ton of fun playing with all the different toys at Grandma's and Grandpa's house.

These are the steps from the living room to the play room/sun room. He managed them quite well all but once. I had just assured one of my husband's uncles that he could handle them quite well, when he decided to take a header down them. He was ok but a tiny bit banged up. I guess he wanted to prove me wrong.

Harry trying to blow the pinwheel. I love the drool hanging off of his lip.

The boys going nuts over a very friendly neighbor's dog. The dog comes now and then to visit my inlaws and loved all the attention that he got from the kids.


The boys all tuckered out in the car while we were driving home.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Welcome home! Glad you had a good time and arrived home safely!
Love the pictures of the boys! They look like they had an awesome time!

Overwhelmed! said...

Oh, what great pictures! I love the first one best...getting a cow kiss, how nice! :)

Glad you all made it home safe and sound.

Rene said...

It sounds like you had a great adventure! Glad you had so much fun and made it home safe. Love the pictures!

Gina said...

Too cute!