Sunday, February 25, 2007

Lalala I am not listening! lalala

Ok so Evan is turning three on Saturday. I am not really sure that I am ready for my little baby to be that old. I was chatting with the mother of one of Evan's nursery mates and she was asking me if I was going to put him into preschool. Preschool? Evan is a baby, there is no way he is ready for preschool!

In reality I do need to make this decision and stop deluding myself. I really think it would be good for him to get extra help before he faces school (I am still on the fence about homeschooling or not but I am not going there in this post). It would be great to have the extra one on one time with Harry. Running errands with one kid would be such a breeze compared to hauling the both of them around. It would make for a busy week since he would probably be going Monday, Wednesday and Friday with physical therapy Tuesdays and Thursdays.

It is just going to be so hard to drop him off and leave him there. I am so used to having him around all the time and being there for all of his activities. Heck I am even with him in nursery now. Mostly though it is hard just admitting that he is getting older and is already starting to develop his own personality and his own life.

10 comments:

chichimama said...

The first few weeks were really hard when C started preschool, but it was so great for him, and for me. If you know of a good school, at least make an appointment for a tour and such!

Anonymous said...

I had similiar concerns about sending my boys to preschool. They went, though, and I soon discovered how great it was for them. Plus it was so much easier to do errands :)! Is there an option to only send him for one or two days? Around here the 3 year olds often only go for one day a week. I'm sure you will make the right decision :).

Anonymous said...

Wow, Becca will be three this summer and i am in denial as well .... They grow up so fast!

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

Awww.. I don't look forward to making that decision either!

Steph said...

It was really hard when M started as well. She started the fall before she turned 3 (she has a Dec birthday), just after J was born. It was great because not only did it give me time alone with J, it also allowed her to have an activity and place that was all her own - without the pesky little baby sister around :) I would definitely recommend investigating options near you.

Tara said...

Ya, I never had any probs sending my kids to school. Except maybe for the fact that they didn't care that they were not with me all day. They really didn't care. It was too much fun in school. Just wait 'till he can READ. That's my wait-a-minute-babies-can't-do-that moment.

Gina said...

Yup, I've been there. But Mr. P loves going to school so much, I wonder if I should have put him in earlier. Is there a Tu-Thur option anywhere around you? It's really only a couple of hours, and it might be good for all of you!

Awesome Mom said...

The problem with Tuesday/Thursday is that he has his physical therapy on those days so there would not be enough time for both.

Twisted Cinderella said...

I have been there. Little Princess went to preschool for the first time in September and it was so hard for me to admit that she was that old.

Anonymous said...

Playing devil's advocate here, maybe. Being a grouch, maybe.

I never put any of my kids in preschool. The studies that showed that kids showed improvement in school if they went to preschool worked with at risk children whose home life was unstable. Children in normal, loving homes don't really need it.

The only reason I would put my youngest in preschool is for social interaction with others. He craves it more than my others did, but he'll know everything they teach at preschool, so I'm not quite sure what to do. Parents are quite capable of teaching everything kids learn in preschool. If you are considering homeschooling, I'm sure you know this.

I don't homeschool, because there is a good fit with my kids and the particular public school system available to us. However, I did homeschool in Oregon.