Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Typical

We just got a phone call from my mother in law to finalize the details for a family event that is happening this weekend. My husband's grandmother will be going through the temple for the first time on Saturday. This is a very exciting event for the family.

The frustrating part with this is my husband's eldest brother. He was coming and then he wasn't and now he is. He is flying into Big City on Friday morning and taking the airport shuttle to our town. Does he call us and see if we (meaning me) will be available to pick him up and take him to our house? Nope! How do we even find out about this plan? My mother in law. Is he lucky that I don't have anything planned for the morning and can pick his ass up? Yep!!! I have toyed with the idea of telling him that he is going to have to walk the few miles to our house but that would be mean. I may change my mind however.

As I was venting about this with my husband a new wrinkle came into my annoyance. He is staying with us! Did he ask us personally if he could stay with us? Nope!!! I had been planning on everyone getting hotel rooms so now I have to go and fold all my laundry so that the spare room is clean enough to sleep in. I guess I know what I will be doing tomorrow while the kids are napping.

2 comments:

Gina said...

I have an uncle who does similar things like communicating through my grandmother rather than actually speaking to the person who will be directly affected. Grr.

Nancy Evans said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.