Sunday, April 22, 2007

Thinking Blogger Award


The lovely Zephra as bestowed upon me the Thinking Blogger award. I am honored to receive this award and it has been tough deciding who to pass it on to.

The rules:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).

Here are the five blogs that I have picked:

First and foremost is The Laundress (Dirty Laundry). She truly makes my brain hurt sometimes with her amazing and sometimes convoluted posts. She keeps me very busy with book recommendations and it seems that there is no topic beneath her notice. We often have very interesting conversations in her comments section which, to me, is what blogging should be all about.

My second pick is Kristi (Here in Idaho). She is a very funny person but she is also very passionate about education. She home schools her own children and has got me thinking that if she can do it I could probably do it too. After all I can sew a quilt much better than her even if I stink at getting enough fabric to finish one.

My third pick is Gina (Just Another Day). Even though sometimes I do not necessarily agree with everything that she writes, she is very good at at least getting me to think about why I feel a specific way about some of the more controversial topics.

My fourth pick is Ami Chopine. She is very great about writing from the religious scientist perspective. She is not one to simply accept things at face value but she is also not one to discount religion and turn it into a fairy tale just because she can't easily explain it.

My fifth pick is Happy Mommy (By small and simple things). I knew her before she started blogging through an LDS forum. She always impressed me with her ability to think through a situation and bring rationality to a conversation. Her blog is not frequently updated but when she writes she gives you rich well though out posts to think on (well the majority of the time any way, she does put in cute pictures of her kids too).

5 comments:

Knock knock - it's cancer! said...

I will be checking these blogs out...I love your blog, so anyone you recomment must be good :-)

Gina said...

Thank you for thinking of me! :)

Knock knock - it's cancer! said...

By the way, I got tagged today about the same thing (two different tags in one day actually) and I put your blog as one of my favorites, and I added a little write up on it. Hope that is okay.

Anonymous said...

great links...thanks!

- Jon
- Daddy Detective
- www.daddydetective.com

Unknown said...

Hiya Awesome,

Jeepers! You are always full of surprises, but this one really caught me unawares. Thank you, and I will do better once I have access to a faster connection, in a day or two. Currently commenting from my dial-up and punch-card system. Most of your suggestions are new to me, thank you also for links to more intriguing blogs to check out!

TL