Sunday, April 01, 2007

Happy April Fool's Day!!

I am not really pregnant, it was all a fun joke that I was playing on my family. I have a sister that loves to harass me about when I am going to provide her with a niece so I thought I would have a bit of fun with her. Thanks for all the congratulations, but I will have to save them for when I really do get pregnant next, which is not any time in the immediate future.

On a related note I just discovered that I may be doomed to having all boys. I found an rather light article about it and I really have to wonder how this study was done because my mother is quite "assertive, competitive, and self-reliant" and she ended up with four girls and no sons.

If you would like to have some fun with your family next April Fool's Day here are some tricky recipes to make for dinner.

15 comments:

Karen said...

Well, now! I wondered if this was an April Fool's thing. I was even telling Dr. Mike about it and wondering out loud to him. But I didn't want to discount a possible pregnancy as a joke if in fact it was true!

You got us!! You got us good! ;)

Steph said...

I did briefly wonder if you were playing an April Fools' joke, and think that I even checked to see if the post was from yesterday or today before commenting. I guess I didn't look closely enough :)

Anonymous said...

u r so mean :P

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

That's a good April Fool's joke! I've never been good at playing jokes on anyone. Sigh.

Phae-Jae said...

Ohh! Shame on you....that wuz Good, very good!!

Jocelyn said...

The only April Fool's jokes that work on adults, I think, are the ones that have taken some forethought; good job with that! You're funny.

Anonymous said...

lol! I played a similar joke on my blog too. ;)

Interesting article - defintely doesn't fit me though, because I would have 4 boys,not 3 girls and a boy. heh. :) I've always been rathered baffled with my girls, growing up a tomboy on a farm. :)

Anonymous said...

It ony occured to me later in the day yesterday that it was, indeed, April Fools Day and that you probably were not really pregnant. Good one :)!

Undercover Angel said...

LOL! Well, you certainly got me! I hadn't even thought about it being April Fools day when I read it...

Chellie said...

haha!

Too bad I missed the first one... I always forget about april fool's day! Funny!

Unknown said...

Oh, I wish I'd found that site before April Fool's; the fun I could have had. :-)

Damselfly said...

Oh, you're a sneaky one!

Now about that article: "...dooming them to children of a single sex"? Doom? Neverthless. My husband and I once noticed how some families have all girls, some have all boys, and a few have both. And even that seems to run in families.

Zephra said...

I told my husband that I had a little accident with the car for April fool's day. He was not amused...but I was!

chichimama said...

I was about to leave you a congrats, and then saw this post! Too funny.

:-) I was about to be wildly impressed (as I am about anyone who goes for three). I can barely manage two...

Vicky said...

Boo Hoo! I totally fell for that one and was getting all ready to whip my knitting needles out... Bah humbug (or whatever you say at this season!)