Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Pity Party

Today I had a pity party. I guess I decided that since I did not have a birthday party, a pity party would be the next best thing.

I went walking this morning with a friend of mine and her two little girls. We were both whining about how messy our houses were and how we disliked cleaning. The difference was that I actually meant it. We stayed for a little bit so that the kids could play and her messy house was probably cleaner than mine on a really good day. I could not help but hate her a little bit for that.

The colds are going but Harry decided to have the runs. I would love to ask what next, but then I am not entirely sure I really want an answer to that question. In my insomniac brain haze this morning I decided that I could not face cloth diapering a child with runny stools. I feel it was a good choice for my state of mind, especially since I am crazy behind on the laundry in the first place. We still use disposables at night so we do have a plentiful supply of throw aways.

I have not been sleeping well lately which is very much affecting my mood. I just want to crawl into a cave and stay there for a few months hibernating. I have often envied bears the ability to do that. I really think I would fit in with bears.

Tomorrow I am going to kick my dirty house into shape. I have a tendency to ignore the up stairs since most of our time is spent downstairs. I was giving the kids a bath the other night and was appalled at how filthy the floor is. The tub is also disgusting but no amount of scrubbing on my part has even budged the years of built up soap scum left by the previous tenant. I think I will need dynamite if I want a sparkling tub. I am hoping that the cleaning will life my mood since a dirty house is very depressing.


This is something that lifts my mood. I love bunnies and this picture just cracks me up.


11 comments:

chichimama said...

Big hugs. I am familiar with the cleaning issue. For the tub, try some Bon Ami. It is cheap and scrubs like nothing I have ever seen. I now swear by it for pretty much everything. I think the one thing you can't use it on is real glass (I think pyrex is fine). It got out sink sparkling.

Pendullum said...

Poor you does not sound like much of a birthday...
I hope everyone is on the mend soon and then have an UNBIRTHDAY party...
And nothing like a yawning bunny to get you smiling,, however at my home this is what my dust bunnies truly look like...

Zephra said...

I love bunnies too. I have actually had several as pets and they are great. Litter trainable! I hope you get some sleep soon because I know what you are going through.

Unknown said...

Ahhhh, we all need a pity party once and a while! Hopefully kicking the cleaning into gear will lift your spirits. I know I love being in a clean home. I just don't like doing it....:-)

Karen said...

Hugs to you! It's a never ending job. I LOVE cleaning OTHER people's houses b/c I can clean them and then walk away and the picture in my mind is of a clean house. When I clean my own, within an hour things are out of place or someone has tracked something in. :(
Ever hear of Flylady? www.flylady.net

Gina said...

Maybe you could ask the landlord for a re-glazing of the tub? When they get a certain age, not much will take that off, it just sinks into the enamel.

I hope things are looking better for you today!

Phae-Jae said...

Nothing wrong with a pity party now and then and now, and now.

Might I suggest you go here:
http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/confessions_of_a_pioneer_/2007/04/orphan_annie_ge.html

Listening to PW sing Ethel is a cure all, for anything.

Sorry about your baby, hope your day brightens!

Anonymous said...

Hi there--you need more sleep. When I'm tired, I also feel the pressures of my life more. Once you get started cleaning up the home---awww, it'll still feel like work (smile).

Here's to a brighter, sun-shiny day!

Anonymous said...

Throw your pitty party with style! And from one crazy-tired mom to another, clean that house good, take the kids to McDonalds (gross, but they have playlands) so the house stays clean, then take tomorrow off. You deserve it Birthday-Girl. And thanks for the bunny pic, I had to look at it several times because it just makes me chuckle =)

Anonymous said...

Ugh I totally let the house go ... then have to do a power clean ... yet the dusting never seems to happen!

Hope Harry feels better soon .. I would totally not use cloth with the runs either!

Damselfly said...

Look at that rabbit! Thanks for sharing.

Sleep deprivation is serious. It sure makes me feel blah and irritable. Hope you can get lots of rest soon.