Friday, April 13, 2007

Awesome Mom turns 28 today

Today is my birthday. Yep Friday the 13th. I was born on a Friday the 13th so this birthday is extra lucky for me. My husband was also born on the 13th (different year and month though). We were married on the 15th, after I had picked the date with no input from my husband who told me to do what ever I wanted he then pointed out that it could have been fun to be married on the 13th. Too bad it was too late to change anything.

Thanks to Wikipedia I will share a few fun things that happened in history on this loveliest of all days.

Events
1111 - Henry V is crowned Holy Roman Emperor.
1742 - George Frideric Handel's oratorio Messiah makes its world-premiere in Dublin, Ireland
1941 - Pact of neutrality between the USSR and Japan is signed.
1970 - An oxygen tank aboard Apollo 13 explodes, putting the crew into deadly peril.
1975 - An attack by unidentified gunmen on a church in Ain El Remmeneh followed by an attack on a bus that killed 17 Palestinian civilians, Lebanon marks the beginning of a 15 year civil war.
1997 - Tiger Woods becomes the youngest golfer to win golf's Masters Tournament.

Births
1570 - Guy Fawkes, English Catholic conspirator (d. 1606)
1743 - Thomas Jefferson, 3rd President of the United States (New style date) (d. 1826)
1899 - Alfred Mosher Butts, American architect and inventor of the Scrabble (d. 1993)
1962 - Hillel Slovak, Israeli-born guitarist (Red Hot Chili Peppers) (d. 1988)
1979 - Baron Davis, American basketball player

Holidays and Observances
* First day of Thai New Year.
* First day of Cambodian New Year.
* Vaisakhi: Punjabi and Nepali New Year
* Aerosmith Day is celebrated in Massachusetts

Check out the cool present my parents bought for me. It is a cool set of portable speakers for my iPod. Now I can listen to my music where ever I am which is nice when I am trying to get some cleaning done. Doing chores with ear phones was just not working out very well. The speakers will also be great for road trips since my car does not have a plug in for mp3 players and I don't have a tape player so I can't use one of those adapter thingers.


21 comments:

Karen said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

See, I must have known some special event was coming up. Sorry your book will be late in arriving! :(

p.s. In this one post you just made me feel really old! ;)

talitha said...

Happy, happy birthday, AwesomeMom dear,
Happy days will come to you all year!
If I had one wish, then it would be
A happy, happy birthday to you from me!!!!

Talitha

Darren said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy the day.

Midlife Midwife said...

Your birthday proves that good things do happen on Friday the 13th! Wishing you a wonderful day. Happy thoughts are coming your way from my end of the blogsphere

Jen said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day!

The Estrogen Files said...

Whoo Hoo!! Excellent, great, wonderful! My BoyBoy has his birthday today, too! He turns 3 - where has the time gone?!

Happy Birthday to YOU!!

Anonymous said...

happy extra special birthday. but i wanna know how old you are!

Zephra said...

I hope that you have a wonderful birthday!..I have an idea, you could always get divorced and remarry your husband on the 13th? Just an idea.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Awesome Mom! Hope you have a great day :)!

Anonymous said...

oh. right...

Damselfly said...

Happy birthday!

I am *so jealous* of your birthday present!

And hey, do you think Mr. Butts invented Scrabble because he was trying to rearrange the letters in his last name to spell anything *but* Butts?!

Maddy said...

that's why I have such problems with the 'all you guys' phrase. On Nov 5th in the UK we 'celebrate' Guy Fawkes night - when good old Guy tried to blow up the House of Parliament. We do this by making a bonfire and putting a 'guy' [looks like a straw fill scarecrow] on top and then burning the whole with down to the tune of firework displays.
Happy Birthday

Anonymous said...

Hey--a Happy B-Day! Having your B-Day on the 13th is great. Have a nice celebration.

Gina said...

Happy happy Birthday! And only twenty eight, your're a young'un!

Vicky said...

Happy Birthday To You
Happy Birthday To You
Happy Birthday, Dear Awesome Mooooooom
Happy Birthday Toooooo Yoooooooooooo!

Here's hoping the next 28 will bring you much happiness.

PS You are so young! I'm jealous. I'm 41 this year. Yuk. Enjoy your twenties. AND your thirties!

Anne/kq said...

As we sing here in L.A.:

"Put another candle on my birthday cake,
We're gonna make a birthday ca-ake,
Put another candle on my birthday cake,
I'm another year old today!

Happy birthday to you, I'm another year old today!"

Okay, so it's kinda silly, but it's a local tradition. (That's from the Lunch Brigade with Sheriff John, a local TV show that my parents' generation grew up on, so you'll get the reference.)

Jean said...

I'm late, but I hope you had a very happy birthday! :)

Anonymous said...

I think its weird that you share a birthday with Guy Fawkes and moms b-day is Guy Fawkes day. Think about it.

Unknown said...

Cool present! That's what I need. My daughter has the attachment for the car stereo, and she loves it.

PetiteMommy said...

Happy late bday!Sorry I'm late.

Nanette said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Better late than never I always say.
:D