Saturday, April 07, 2007

The sickies strike again

Last night I dreamed that Evan threw up in his bed. Sadly it was not a dream but reality. I must have heard him puking and incorporated it into my dream. I did a wash all the bedding day yesterday and now I am having to do it all over again with Evan's formerly freshly laundered sheets and blankets.

He spent the morning watching Thomas and ended up throwing up his lunch. He is feverish too but in an odd twist of fate I am unable to locate any of our many thermometers. We have two digital (one used exclusively for rectal temps), an ear one that someone gave us and a tympanic forehead one and yet they are all MIA. I am not too worried as he does not seem excessively lethargic or anything, however we will be missing church tomorrow. I am keeping my fingers crossed that Harry will not get it too but chances of that are slim especially since the little monkey found a cast off sippy cup that Evan had been sipping out of all morning and promptly drank out of it before I could stop him.

7 comments:

Tracy said...

Poor Evan :( ~I hope Harry, you & your hubby are able to avoid the sickly germs. Not fun to wash bedding, since it takes so long ... let alone having to do it two days in a row :(! Hope you have a peaceful night and that Evan feels better in the morning.

Anonymous said...

a sad way to spend easter.:(

Nancy Jensen said...

Oh man.... that's too bad. I hope you all are feeling well tomorrow for Easter. Don't pass it around... that is NOT something that should be shared.

((hugs))

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Poor kiddo! (And poor Mom!) It's just like these little guys to do something like that AFTER the bedding has been freshly laundered. (thanks, Murphy!) Similar to babies pooping in a freshly-changed diaper. I guess phenomenons of that type don't go away after babyhood, hmm?

chichimama said...

Aw, so sorry. It seems like they always get sick right after you clean the sheets, doesn't it?

Have a wonderful Easter, even if you miss church!

Lana said...

oh no! Sorry:(
Hope everyone is well and can enjoy Easter.

Summer said...

Poor little guy. :( Sick kids are one of the worst parts of motherhood.

P.S. My oldest boy is named Evan too. :)