Kristi showed her very interesting attempt at a first quilt so I thought I would share mine with you. Since I am a bit better at reading directions and had a friend who was a quilting goddess helping me mine turned out a bit better than Kristi's. The problem with my half finished quilt is that when I prewashed my fabric it shrunk enough that there was not enough of one of my fabrics to actually finish the quilt which was supposed to be a queen size. I am thinking about making it into a twin quilt for Evan when he out grows his toddler bed, but it has nothing to do with Thomas the train so I am not sure he would really even like it.
Here is a close up of the squares. I did not cut out them individually instead I cut long strips of fabric and sewed them together according to the pattern. Then I cut them across and sewed those into bigger blocks which were then sewed together to make the big quilt. The green heart fabric is the evil not enough to finish the quilt fabric. I went back to the store but it was all gone and no more was to be ordered.
Here is a shot that shows you the total effect of the quilt. There would have been sashing around it to help bring the whole pattern together. I would have had to hand quilt it, so maybe it was best that I never finished it since that would have been a large undertaking.
quilting quilts crafts