Sunday, April 08, 2007

Best meal ever

I think I have cooked my best meal ever. It was so good that my husband, the condiment king, did not add any thing to it. We had grilled rosemary lamb chops (it was my husband's first time eating lamb so he was a bit hesitant and took a bit of convincing), rosemary carrots and roasted garlic mashed potatoes. Everything turned out perfectly. The meat was nice and rare. The carrots were crisp with out being crunchy and the mashed potatoes were not lumpy thanks to my recent purchase of a ricer. I think we will be eating more lamb from now on.

I also want to give a big thanks to Anne/kq for introducing me to the recipe website that I used to find these recipes. I have found so many amazing recipes there since she told me about it. I hardly even pick up paper cook books any more, instead I print out the recipes we like and put them in a binder so that I have my own custom book.

10 comments:

Health Watch Center said...

Hi Awesome Mom,

I came across to your blog while was searching for health blogs...have found your blog interesting and helpful for parenting...I wanted to say hi...now I am your blog's regular reader....

Health Watch Center.
Self Help Zone

chichimama said...

Yumm! I have a ton of lamb in the freezer, I'll have to grab that recipe!

Karen said...

Do you have a Mac? I got a program for my laptop called "Recipe Manager." It's possible it works on Windows, but I bought it at the Apple Store so to me that equates with Mac! :)

Anyway, I saved recipes in a binder, then on a shelf, then everywhere, but I never used them b/c I couldn't find them when I needed them! Recipe Manger organizes them all neatly and compactly. :) Plus you can haul the laptop into the kitchen and cook directly from the recipe on the screen! :)

HTH!

Magpie said...

We had lamb the other night, a roast leg cooked over a gratin of potato/onion/tomato. Mmm.

If you like to grill in the summer, try a butterflied leg. Marinate it in olive oil and lemon juice, garlic and herbs and grill - it's really good and not the same old same old.

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Now you're an Awesome Cook too! That sounds so yummy...can I come over for leftovers?? *grin*

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmm, sounds lovely. Glad it all worked out well! I'll give you some of our leftovers if you share YOURS! lol

Gina said...

I love it when a meal comes together perfectly!

Darren said...

That sounds great! I love lamb too.

Thanks for the comments on how to make the bunny footprints. It worked out well.

Kristi Harrison said...

I just made the best meal ever, too: it's called pizza rolls and I get them from the frozen food section.

I envy your mad cooking skills.

Overwhelmed! said...

I have a binder too that's filled with my favorite recipes. Most of these I've gotten from fellow bloggers that participate in my Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchanges! :)