- Getting my sewing machine fixed. Done(ish)! My husband took it in (I always have him take care of the repair stuff as I often feel that I am likely to be taken advantage of being a non mechanically minded female) and it was determined that the cost of repair would be more than the machine was worth. My husband's grandmother moved into a senior apartment and downsized a lot of stuff and gifted us with her very nice Brother sewing machine. So, while I did not actually get mine repaired, I am in possession of a much better working machine.
- New glasses. Not even close to being done. No excuse except for the normal day to day stuff getting in the way and distracting me.
- Dentist. Very not done. I am not a fan of the dentist and now that I do not have my mom nagging me to go I find it hard to get the motivation to go. My husband is lucky, his work nags him and he gets time off work to go.
- Organize the downstairs. Mixed results. I am happy with our current toy storage. My husband built a bookcase which greatly increased our toy storage but I did not even come close to taming the mess under the stairs. I have cleaned and organized it several times this year but entropy is winning.
- Getting rid of junk. We have been doing pretty good at that. There is more to be trimmed but the idea that a move is in our future is giving us the kick in the pants that we need to get the junk out. Nothing is more irritating than unpacking a box and wondering why you even bothered moving it. I have plans to go through a lot of the saved boy's clothing and really thin things out. I have a friend that just adopted two boys so I know she will be needing clothing.
- Enriching my spiritual life. Mixed results. We have been better about having Family Home Evening every Monday along with nightly family prayers, but I have not been doing as well with scripture reading and the like. My new teaching assignment will help with that since it is scripture based rather than the I Am Thankful for Being Able to Smell lessons that were in the Nursery manual.
Wednesday, January 02, 2008
How did I do?
It is now time to revisit the goals that I set last year.