Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Don't hate me because I am beautiful and really good at knitting

I spent a lot of Monday thinking that today was going to be Wednesday. Which was odd since I was doing all our normal Monday stuff like going grocery shopping.

I had a very strange interaction with a lady in the grocery store. She came up to me and asked me if I knit the hat Evan was wearing. I had not and she said she was glad that I had not or she would have had to hate me. I was a bit taken aback and also glad that Harry was not wearing a pair of his longies. She may have committed assault had she seen them. I never thought I would have to fear for my life when I took up knitting.

The hat is actually very cute (so I can't blame the woman for admiring it) and I have been trying to think up a way to reverse engineer it and make one for Harry. I won a gift certificate to the store that it was purchased from, but am too cheap to buy another. Besides, if I figure out how to make it I can keep on making them as the boys get bigger. The design is quite cunning and keeps the neck quite warm when tied on the head.


Here is a shot of Evan in the hat. We braved the cold and damp to play at the park. Evan is pushing Rabbit in the swing. I could not find Evan's real winter coat so I put a thick sweater on under that flimsy hoodie (don't worry mom, he was plenty warm).


A gratuitous cute Harry shot. He is pushing Dog on the swing. Dog and Bunny also got to go down the slides. Cat got left in the car by a mean Evan. Evan then co-opted Rabbit for his own use.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

People that do not knit, do not understand. I am glad she did not attack!

Karen said...

Maybe you should carry your knitting needles with you at all times. For self defense purposes. :)

Tama said...

Karen has a good point (no pun intended LOL). Knitting needles would protect you from those non-knitters or jealous knitters. Don't feel bad about not "buying" another hat. Once you figure out how the first one is made you'll be able to make all the hats you want out of your pattern. I have actually bought items just so I could go home and figure out how they were made so I could make more for gifts.

Anonymous said...

I've got to thrid the idea of carrying your needles on you. Maybe buy some funky ones with skulls on the ends just for that purpose. LOL

Anonymous said...

just visiting, found out more at http://www.ezlas.info

Anne/kq said...

I don't knit well but I don't hate those who do. I stay friends with them so they will make stuff for my kids. ;)

That hat looks to me like it was made on a knitting machine. My grandma has one and has patterns she's developed for similar hats (as well as sweaters with little bunny rabbits on them, appropriate for little boys or girls depending on the colors you use, and adjustable for different sizes, that she made for all of us when we were growing up and has offered to make for my girls.)

Damselfly said...

"I never thought I would have to fear for my life when I took up knitting." Hahaha! Good thing you have a pair of needles at the ready.

Damselfly said...

And PS I love the title of this post!