Monday, May 01, 2006

A Week Without A Stove

Saturday we had a dramatic event occur. My husband was preparing dinner (how nice of him) and he went to turn on the oven. I was at the computer and I heart a pop and a whoosh and saw a flash of light out of the corner of my eye. That combination of events is never a good thing so I rush over to see what is going on. The oven had shorted out for unknown reasons possibly because it was built in the 70s. Never one to leave well enough alone my husband reset the circuit and then promptly turned on the oven again this time shorting out all the power in the house. Brilliant huh?

Luckily we are renting so this was not our problem. We called the owner and left the problem on her. After consulting with my husband she decided just to replace the stove. This is something that I have been wanting for some time, so I am thrilled that this happened. It seems a bit crazy that it happened so soon after we got out new fridge.

The only big bummer is that the stove will not be able to be installed until sometime next week. It is harder than I thought at first to do without a stove. We normally use it every night for dinner and I use it a lot for lunch for Evan. We are having to rely on our crock pot and other small kitchen appliances to get dinner done. Luckily the weather is nice so we can grill outside as well. I hope that this is all worth the joy of a band spanking new stove.

Some messy baby pictures for your enjoyment



1 comment:

chichimama said...

Ulgh. Good luck! I lost an oven for two weeks, learned how to cook in the microwave and now hardly ever use the stove...