Saturday, May 20, 2006

Who would have thunk it?

Evan made an eating break through today. We had been allowing him to use a spoon with his meals for the last few weeks because he had shown actual interest in using it as a utensil rather than a fun toy. He had been doing ok with eating with a spoon, not super great and very messy. A couple of nights ago when we had spaghetti for dinner my husband mentioned that we should get him a fork to eat with.

I went to Target, got him an Elmo fork and spoon set (not my first choice but it was either that or Dora the Explorer) and this morning we let him try out the fork with a breakfast of french toast. He used it like a pro!!! I was very surprised that he knew how to use it so well. How the heck did he get to be such a big boy?? Where did my baby Evan disappear to? Who is this strange toddler Evan?

1 comment:

Gina said...

Congrats to Evan! It is always a bit of a shock when they "graduate" to things like that. At least to me, I don't think I'll ever get used to him growing so fast!