Friday, March 10, 2006

Long day


We got up this morning at 4:30 in the morning. That should be illegal. We had to be at the hospital at six and of course the heart catheterization did not even start until 7:30. Evan charmed the heck out of everyone. There were two other groups of people there waiting with us and they all fell in love with him. He is going to be such trouble with the girls when he gets older.

He did not get out of the cath room until about 12:30 and that was only because the doctor got sick and they had to stop the procedure. We will have to go back for another one because while the diagnostic part was done Evan grew some extra veins that need to be blocked off. The doctor had to stop before the blocking off the the veins was done. This is very annoying but what can you do?

Evan came out of the anethesia much better than I expected. My husband and I held him on our laps so that he would stay laying down like he was supposed to be. He got to eat lots of things that were not so good for him which made him very happy.

This experience was much better than our trip to the hospital where Evan's GI doctor practices at. Going to this hospital was like coming home because I knew so many people that worked there. I also knew my way around. Everyone hardly recognized Evan since he has grown so much and really is looking more like little boy.

I am glad to be home though because I missed Harry. It is nice to have everyone back together tonight.

1 comment:

Gina said...

I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts during this time, Melissa.