Tuesday, September 19, 2006

My mind is too scrambled to think up a clever title

Today was Evan's pre-op appointment. We had mixed results because Evan was being an ultra changeable toddler. This morning he threw the biggest fit while I was trying to get ready to leave for the appointment. He started crying as we left. I think that he was wanting his Grandma to come with us or something.

At the appointment he flipped out while his pacemaker was being interrogated. Some dried cherries helped smooth that over. He also flipped out when his heart and breathing was being checked. I had worked hard playing with stethoscopes so that he would get over this. I had thought that this had been dealt with but oh well. He was actually fine for the EKG despite all the stickers being stick to his skin.

Then came the blood draw. That was when I wished that my husband was there instead of me. He had to be stuck three different times because they kept loosing the vein dues to Evan trying to squirm. It was all I could do to keep him in my lap and mostly still. We both had a work out with that one. Evan was so exhausted after that he fell asleep the instant we got into the car.

My heart got quite a work out while I was trying to leave the parking garage. I was tightly parked between two very expensive cars. I prayed the entire time that I would not hit one of the cars while I was trying to leave. Luckily I managed to get out without having to find an attendant to help me out.

The day was saved by Grandma. Toys R Us is having sales on train stuff all this month so my husband and my MIL went there while Evan and I were gone and picked out an early Christmas gift for the boys. When Evan gets out of the hospital he will have a sweet new set up for his trains. He was having fun "helping" daddy figure out what configuration would fit on the existing table.

I bet you didn't know this but today be Talk Like A Pirate Day. Sadly I did not celebrate because I think that I would have gotten a lot o' strange looks while tryin' t' tell important information t' t' doctors today. Arrr!

No comments: