Thursday, April 13, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

Today I turn 27 years old. That truly is not all that old but I am reflecting back a bit on my 20s since I am heading out of them shortly. I entered into my 20s with so much on my plate. I was in college to become a high school teacher but at the back of my mind I also had the possibility of mommy also being a career before long. I had not yet met my husband or anything but I was on the prowl looking to at the very least have a boyfriend. I was pretty lame in high school and my first serious boyfriend turned out to be my husband. I guess you could say that I got it right the first time, hee.

Being married has been nice but what has truly changed who I am and how I think has been becoming a mother. I suddenly had these demanding tiny little human beings in my life. Sleeping in, true vacations from work and time to myself have become very rare things indeed. My life is richer in so many ways. I have learned more about unconditional love than I ever thought I needed to know. I understand my mother in ways that I never had before. I am becoming more like my mother and suddenly that is not so bad any more.

3 comments:

Gina said...

Happy Birthday, hope it was a good one!

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday! At 27 I was still footloose and fancy free. Well, I'd been married for a few months. So still honeymooning - no kids yet. Footloose and fancy free! LOL. (Not that I'd trade "life with kids" for anything...) Enjoy your day. :)

chichimama said...

Happy Birthday!!!!