Thursday, November 30, 2006

Meme

I was tagged by Knitting Maniac to do the Six Weird Things meme. I have already done this one but I decided that I was sufficiently odd to do another six things. I am adding a twist though and telling you six odd parenting things that I do.

  1. I let my kids eat off the floor. Sometimes I need them to stay in a particular room for awhile while I do something else that I need to get done. I will scatter goldfish crackers or cheerios on the floor of the room I want them in and encourage them to eat the food. They are quite good scavengers and manage to get most of it up off the floor.
  2. I taught Evan to pat his bottom when I ask him where his bum is.
  3. I have decided to replace "uhoh" with "bust my buffers". I am hoping that Evan will too.
  4. I think it is funny when I see Evan jamming his finger up his nose.
  5. We don't buy our kids Christmas presents for their first two years of life. They have more fun with the wrapping paper any way.
  6. My monster hand is a huge hit with the kids. I hide under a blanket and stick my hand out so that it can eat (tickle) the kids.


7 comments:

Knitting Maniac said...

Bust my buffers! That is good.

Anonymous said...

aww those are weird but wonderful things for you kids!

you da mom! said...

you ARE an awesome mom!

Vicky said...

I like the chucking snacks around trick! That is hilarious. Mine are too big for that now, but I wish I'd known of this a few years ago....

Chellie said...

Very good... you have a great AND fun personality!

Jenifer said...

I love the "bust my buffers" thing! When someone asks my daughter what her Daddy is, she promptly replies... "A Pollock!"

tee hee....kids will say anything if you train em right LOL!

Anonymous said...

I love teaching the kids random crap. My husband trained my boy to say BOOYAH everytime Colonel Sanders came on tv. It was fun while it lasted.