Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Fun, fun, fun

There is a good reason that during the day the kids are confined to the down stairs. That very good reason is that the upstairs (with the exception of the boy's bedroom) is not child proofed. I was forced upstairs today because of the instillation of the new furnace. I knew that Evan would be very much underfoot as he eagerly watched the workmen and Harry is so into everything that he would be getting into things just because he could. Both boys are down for naps now and I am getting a much needed breather.

I can't wait to have a warm house again but will not get to enjoy it long before we have to pack up and leave for our trip to the in laws. Which reminds me I had better get packing. Sigh.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your furnace gets installed quickly, so you can get back downstairs....and be warm!

Happy packing

LITTLE MISS said...

I don't like you because your kids still take naps.

we're not friends. forget it.

LITTLE MISS said...

ok, well maybe it's just because I'm a leetle bit jealous...

; )

Anne/kq said...

I know I'm a terrible mother, but I don't completely childproof. I lock up poisons and keep knives out of reach, of course, but living in small, rented apartments, it's just not possible to do everything I know you're supposed to. So I spend a lot of time taking things away, saying, "Don't touch that", and explaining in two-year-old terms why things are dangerous (and when she is really inquisitive, just carrying the 7-month-old around all day.)

The up-side is that my kids learn very young how to be safe (my friends were all very impressed that my 14-month-old knew what "Watch your fingers!" meant and would react appropriately, by pulling her fingers out of whatever she was in and then checking to see what the danger was. She hasn't gone for an electrical socket since she was about 8 months old.)

Anonymous said...

Ooo Have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!