Saturday, July 19, 2008

Yet more house pictures


Here is shot of our living room and entry way.



A shot from the other side. The door you see is to one of the bedrooms.



A close up of the fish tank.


Here is our pile of boxed up books. My husband is making a book case and we plan on putting it along that wall. I can't wait for it to be done.


The stair well which will have to be altered if we have more children. The spacing between the up and down parts is super wide and Harry can fit through them.


The view from the kitchen down to the entry way. I like that it is not carpeted but I am finding the tile hard on my feet.

Part of my rather narrow kitchen. You can see the fridge that we fought to get and has turned out to not be all that great of a fridge.

The other half of the kitchen. Harry loves to make use of the step stool.

More counter space. I think it is supposed to be a breakfast bar but we don't use it that way. Instead we put plants on it. This is my collection of Hoyas that was recently expanded thanks to my awesome mother.

Here is the kitchen as viewed from the dining room.

The dining room.


The delightfully annoying fireplace. We have two in the house and the kids love playing in it despite our attempts to keep them out.

Here is a picture of Evan (who has been accident free for the entire week) and our sliding glass door.

13 comments:

Heather said...

Looks great! I love bookcases. I'm excited for you to get one built!

Anonymous said...

OMG! Everything looks so neat. I will never ever post photos of my house now.

As a mom of boys, I had to LOL at the accident-free for the entire week remark. :)

And thanks for commenting on my post at 5FMSN. If you want to homeschool, you can do it!

Karen said...

Love it. Sounds like everyone is settling in quite nicely. I may have missed it.....do the boys share a room?

chichimama said...

Very nice! And you may use your breakfast bar someday...we swore we never wood, and then the kids decided it was the "best place ever" for art while I was cooking...

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

A good part of our house has a tile floor-- my chiropractor recommends wearing shoes indoors particularly on tile floor, because it IS very hard on your feet and your back. Let me tell you, it makes a HUGE difference!! Even if you just wear flip flops.

Anonymous said...

Your house is beautiful!!! I love it!!

carrie said...

that's a pretty sweet house! Enjoy!

spice2116 said...

love the new pictures and expecially love the new layout proud of you for changing it :p

Elizabeth-W said...

I love the tile.
I'm scared of brick fire places. When my brother was about 3 he was wearing a pair of Dad's shoes and he tripped and cut a HUGE gash in his forehead--and you know how those bleed. My mom had a little cushion thing built to go around it. I'm sure One Step Ahead might have some ideas about how to make those safer...?

Anonymous said...

Nice!!!!

Those stair railings are wide eh?

What a beautiful fish tank!

KR said...

You have a lovely home! Congrats to Evan on being accident free! :)

Kristin
~Reclaiming The Home

Damselfly said...

That fireplace is impressive. We have one too, and I keep a baby gate around it. Not the most attractive thing, but it works for now.

Love your fish tank too!

And.... does this mean the boy is potty trained?!

Zephra said...

House shoes will save your feet. I have to wear them around the house since we got the wood floors. Invest in a nice comfy pair.