Saturday, July 26, 2008

Sunday Cuteness



Is there anything cuter than a picture of my kids playing nicely together? I sure can't think of anything.

I thought I would give a potty training update, I know you are waiting at the edge of your seats for an update. There have been a number of accidents, usually when I have forgotten to remind him that he should try sitting on the potty. Today I tried to be very good, but by the end of the day I was tired and forgot to remind him to go before dinner. He ended up peeing on my living room curtains while he was trying to watch the storm that started while we were eating dinner. *sigh*

Evan may not like going potty at home but he loves going to public bathrooms. He has learned that all he has to do is say the magic words and he get to see me run around like a loon trying to get him to the bathroom on time. I am getting very tired of cramming into tiny stalls with him, pulling his shorts all the way off and his undies all the way off only to have him sit there and do nothing. If he ever becomes famous, that alone should earn me a really nice house.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay,ma'am, Evan is kind of painfully reminding me of my lapses in training Freddy.

Freddy is the sillier of our two bulldogs and lately he has been "marking" things (like the litter box, our daughter's backpack, my laundry basket).

Yeah, it is hard to remember where to "go" and where to just um, sniffingly admire...

AM said...

I love it when kids play together with out fighting lol. My boy was like Evan, he never wanted to go at home but he would go while we were out.

Monkey Giggles said...

Don't ya just love a red rider wagon. They look so cute.

Jen S. said...

I love little red wagons!

Good luck with the potty training. Before you know it he'll be trained and there will be no more running around like a loon!

carrie said...

I love it when they get along. It's rare around here...

diana said...

Potty training----it builds patience.
One of our children did fine at home but refused to use the public restrooms. And for years it seemed I was carrying extra clothes around in my purse.
Sweet photos!

Heather said...

Oh my gosh I get so excited if my son seems to make a positive move toward using the potty. Alas, the high never lasts long. It's so frustrating.

I'd have to take a photo if my kids were playing nicely together too.

Karla said...

I'm right there with you as fro cramming into public bathroom stalls!

Love the pictures - it's like a breath of fresh air to see kiddos playing together well!

Elizabeth-W said...

Those will be good when they're in their teens. You can show them and say "See?!!! You used to get along just fine!!"
Do you know The Potty Song? Youtube it and you'll find it...We still sing it our house house...
When I was a baby I had a diaper around my little tummy; that was that. Now I'm getting bigger, no more diaper! I'm going to my potty. I'm gonna figure it out!! :D
Hang in there...

Zephra said...

Get yourself a timer. I had to have one to remind me because I forgot too. Not forgot to take myself to the potty I mean...Forgot to remind Zakary.

Anonymous said...

So true! I am about ready to start "really" potty training. I don't think I'm up for it!

Mama said...

Want some advice from an old lady who raised four potty-trained children?

If not, stop reading here.

Don't sweat it. Sometime between now and the time he starts to school, he will decide to use the potty every time.

Now, can you advise me on training a Shih tzu puppy? Because they don't go to school. . .