Monday, July 21, 2008

Just a little worn out

My husband is temporarily working later hours at work this week. It is nice having him around a bit more in the morning, but I am not used to having such long hours in the afternoon and it is getting to me (even though this is only the first day of this). I kept trying to hide from the kids this afternoon, but they are very good at finding me and apparently they HAVE to be on the same floor of the house as me. Oh, and Evan pooped his pants this afternoon because he was having too much fun playing to go to the potty (despite me bugging him a million times to go).

So instead of something wise and/or funny here, I will send you here to a great article on marriage by an author that I very much enjoy and admire.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ack! I hope your days get easier - it's no fun being IT all the time!

Anonymous said...

ugh nothing worse than scheduling changes.

Since we have lived in an apartment for ever, the kids totally have trouble when I am not real close ... it is so so so annoying :P

Unknown said...

Sweetie,

Hang in there! I HATE when my hubby works late. I don't really need his help in the mornings but it's later/afternoons/evenings when I'm really dragging!

Unknown said...

I understand that too, hubs normally works nights and we have a schedule down pat but on his off days forget it

Damselfly said...

Aw, he was doing so well! I guess the potty just isn't as much fun as playing.

Heather said...

Those are my least favorite weeks, when hubby works late. The kids and I drive one another nuts.

Nancy Evans said...

well we cancelled our grand canyon reservations and we will be visiting you the weekend after this one!

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Oh honey I hear you-- it's amazing the difference a couple hours in the afternoon can make!