Wednesday, July 02, 2008

The family room

Come on down and check out our roomy family room.

Here is what you see coming down the stairs. Not in the shot is the door to the unfinished part of the basement.

Here is the train table. Note the roominess and the space surrounding it. We are thinking of (for now) keeping it as just a play table. The boys seem to enjoy having their toys on elevated surfaces.

That white cabinet in the back was put in by the former owners. It shows their bad planning and poor attention to detail. I would take pictures of the inside, but I don't want to gross you out. The spiders seem to really like it. As you can see we have tons of toy storage. I think that the toys were breeding while they were packed up, I don't remember having this many toys when we were living in California.


More storage for books and toys.

Remember how I said that I would not get a house with these awful stairs? Well I did. We are not going to make the under stairs area a storage space like it was in our previous house which is the only way I talked myself into not hating these stairs.

This is the adult section of the room. The entertainment system is just past the computer desk in the corner. My tech savvy husband hooked the computer to the TV so that we can watch movies from the computer on our TV. The kids love watching my husband play computer games on the big TV.

Look we have couches! They are real leather and they are not super overstuffed either.

14 comments:

Karen said...

WOW! What a spacious room. I loved reading about it and seeing the pictures. But deep down I'm a bit disappointed because you didn't show the inside of the cupboard.

Nancy Evans said...

Do I see a fireplace down there too?

Damselfly said...

Sigh, what my husband and I wouldn't give to have a basement where we live... Everything looks great!

Tammy and Parker said...

I LOVES it! LOVES it! LOVES it!

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

What a nice roomy room!! Plenty of space. Enjoy it! (Spiders need a home, too...)

Posh Totty said...

wow thats lovely Xx

The Estrogen Files said...

Awesome space!! Enjoy it for me.

Unknown said...

Hurray for your new home. I have been anxiously awaiting pictures!!! OH, and my kids LOOOOOVE their train table and play with all their toys on it!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What an awesome room! :-)

Vicky said...

That is a nice room! Very spacious! Is it cooler being under the ground a bit? We don't have a basement in our house, just a very low crawlspace.

I am looking forward to a gradual photo tour around the house please!

You can berate the previous owners for all their weird work to your heart's content!

Is that cupboard on an angle in the corner??

Anonymous said...

where is the Sunday Cuteness??????

Gina said...

I'm envious of how much space you have!

Darren said...

Very nice. I like the shelves. We have a toys half of the basement and an "adult" half too.

Anonymous said...

OOo the family room is lovely!!!

I am so thinking we need a train table! hehe!