Sunday, May 04, 2008

I am baaack!

Did ya miss me?

So I am sure you are all wondering about how the trip went and if we managed to secure housing. Well I am kinda mean and going to make you wait a bit. I am first going to discuss the joys of air travel..... it sucks! The nice thing was that the plane did not snap in two and crash land on a mysterious tropical island.

We went bargain basement with our airline tickets and I totally regretted it. Our flight went from San Fransisco to San Diego to Phoenix where we had to change planes to get to Kansas City. That is a lot of stops! The worst was the Phoenix- Kansas City leg. The plane was packed to the gills and we ended up in the tail section, which as any Lost fan knows is an almost certain death sentence.

I almost lost it when the lady in front of me leaned her seat back. I was already giving up so much personal space and that was the last straw. If I had been using any metal knitting needles at that moment, they would have been shoved into that lady's head. I guess the security precautions are there for more than the chance that the plane might get hijacked. It also did not help that there was a lot of turbulence to add to the fun.

When we got our rental car the gal at the desk tried to get us to upgrade, calling our economy car cramped. Well, once I got in the car I breathed a sigh of relief, after the airplane the car almost seemed enormous. I think that next time I fly I am going to the extra money for a more direct flight. I don't mind one stop but the flight over was just ridicules. It did not help that to get to the airport on time we had to get up at 3:30 in the morning.


9 comments:

Elizabeth-W said...

What?? You don't want to be trapped on an island with Sayid or Desmond?!!
Glad you're home safe and sound ;)

About Nancy said...

Well girlie girl I live in Kansas City and I know you are speaking the truth. It has been SO windy here for the last two weeks that I am sure countless Missouri men have lost their toupees! I actually prayed last Thursday for the Lord to somehow transport me in a "bubble" to a speaking event. I saw no way for my hairspray to preserve the look, so I sought supernatural power. He was faithful to provide. As a result I did not look like a wild woman upon arrival (no more than usual anyway.) I apologize for our winds. They are sickening in a multitude of ways.

I hope you enjoyed your visit to our city. It's a great place!
In Him,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Just think it could have been worse ... the boys could have been with you for all those stops!

Diana said...

Yes--aren't plane trips fun? and stop overs so wonderful! Amazes me how many people they can cram on these planes. Welcome back.

chichimama said...

Glad you made it there and back, can't wait to hear about the actual trip!

We have a similar trip comin up in July, I am just glad I won't be taking the kiddos with us on the multiple airport tour of the country...

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of flying from the Midwest to the West Coast. We do it quite a few times a year....so, I know just how you feel! Hope yoour house hunting went well!

Tama said...

Uhh! Your travel time did not sound fun at all. I am glad you got home ok. I am reminded once again why I prefer to drive (ride) as my preferred method of travel. Not to mention all the extra knitting time!

Vicky said...

Welcome back! I missed you. I think you DID find somewhere nice, or you'd have been writing straight away that you hadn't found anywhere suitable. Only people with good new string their audiences out...... (I hope so anyway!)

Is it nice to be back with your lovely boys? I bet you missed them like crazy.

Emily said...

we ended up in the tail section, which as any Lost fan knows is an almost certain death sentence.

Haha -- that is absolutely hilarious! Isn't it funny how prime time shapes our lives?