Monday, October 23, 2006

It's snot funny

We have our first cold of the season here in the Awesome Mom household. Harry had a stuffy nose yesterday morning so I shot some saline up it and sucked out an obscene amount of snot out. I was worried that his head would collapse because of the large volume. He then proceeded to sneeze snot slugs and blow snot bubbles all day. Of course we only had one tissue left in the entire house so I resorted to using wet wipes (easier on the tender nose than toilet paper).

Harry is doing a bit better today, not so much snot is coming out. I now have a large box of super soft tissues with lotion in them. I am just hoping that Harry is not going to share this cold with the rest of the family. I really don't feel like being sick and Evan sure does not need to get sick. I am wondering where this cold came from as we have been hermits for over a month now. I guess that is one mystery that will never be solved.

8 comments:

chichimama said...

Oh, so sorry. I hope you (and Evan) avoid it, and I hope you can stop snot patrol soon...

Anonymous said...

eeep! Hope everyone gets and stays healthy!!!

Snot is snot fun!

Millie said...

Sorry about Harry feeling yucky and I hope his head is still intact at the end of his illness.

I don't know what it says about me, but I laughed every time you said "snot."

Unknown said...

Nothing worse than being sick and taking care of the sickies. Poor little Harry. Haddie got RSV a couple of years ago and she caught it from the doctor's office--during her "wellness" 6-month checkup!

Anonymous said...

Awww, poor Harry :(! Hope he is on the mend soon and that you guys will be able to avoid catching the bug!

Tricia said...

I just found your blog & I've really enjoyed it! I hope you & Evan can avoid the snot!

My story? I've been waiting 6 weeks for a referral for a baby from Guatemala and I am hoping to get the news any day now!

Feel free to check out my blog!

-Tricia
http://ourguatemalanbaby.blogspot.com/

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Oh, yuck. You poor thing. Lots of Vitamin C to ward away the evil germs!!

Nancy Evans said...

When you're out with your honey
And your nose gets runny
Don't think its funny
ITS (S)Not!
Maybe he will become a snot rocket scientist when he grows up.