Thursday, March 13, 2008

Just breathe

I keep looking at the calender and seeing how little time there is between now and our still nebulous move date. The orders were finalized on Tuesday so our location is official. My husband still has to negotiate between his current assignment that wants to keep him for as long as possible, our need to have as much house hunting time as possible and the unknown needs of his new command. We had been also trying to add into the mix the plans of my husband's youngest sister who is currently living in Germany and getting married to a German around the time of our move. They were planning on a bit of a tour of the US so we could all meet him but she is not firming up her dates fast enough.

I am struggling with so many competing interests. I want to get rid of as much junk as possible, but I also want to enjoy the time I have here and have fun with my friends. I also have a lot of knitting in my head that I want to get done, I would like to give some goodbye gifts to some friends here but I may end up having to mail them if I get them done at all. Added to all of this I have to maintain my house and keep my kids from killing each other. It has seemed that of late the only way to have a peaceful morning is for me to take the kids somewhere which kind of ruins any plans to get anything done around the house. I really think that someone needs to get on board with inventing beaming. That would make my life so much easier.

7 comments:

Vicky said...

Yes, keep breathing! Packing and moving is horrible isn't it? Still, when it's all been accomplished the feeling of a new, clean house and a new, clean start is very nice...

Pity my poor hub (while I thank my stars we are not moving with him this time) - he finishes work here on the 25th night, and must report for his new duty in a town three hours drive away, the next morning on the 26th. Is that inhumane or what? When the hell is he supposed to move??

Unknown said...

Your title totally nailed it: just breathe. And all your new adventures will work out just marvelously!

Tama said...

Ahhhhh (sigh) the fun times of moving....NOT! I moved so many times (I lost count somewhere around 34) until we bought the house that we are in now that I don't care if I ever move again. I have decided that moving is just too much work. I don't envy you. Moving really cuts into knitting time that's for sure! Things will come together though--if not haphazardly.

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Beaming would be a GREAT idea. If I hear of any new developments in transporter technology, I'll be sure to let you know! :)

Melissa said...

Yea when we moved we just rid of everything we didn't need or would be cheaper to rebuy then ship. Cuase most moving companies cost per pound. So thinks like our dished we just gave away rather than pack and ship. But we are finally recieving our stuff today so after today it will be over. The move is offically done and soon so you will be too! Good luck!!!

Anonymous said...

I totally totally understand. I focused on friends and enjoying the time. I have no regrets. It is super nice to mail things back and forth between friends.

HUGS

Anonymous said...

Hang in there it will be over soon(ish). Keep breathing...