- My living room is peppered with works in progress (WIPs to those who know the knitting lingo) and odd balls of partially used yarn. I usually have about three WIPs going at one time.
- I keep selected skeins of yarn downstairs in a basket so that I can look at them and pet them from time to time.
- I used to think that I learned to knit wrong. It turns out that I had stumbled upon what is called combination knitting. This technique while awesome for knitting in the flat had to go when I got up the courage to knit in the round as it produces a twisted stitch. I seriously had a complex about knitting in public because of this. The two times I knit in public in front of other knitters I had people coming over to gawk at my knitting technique.
- I have knit while holding a clingy child. If there ever were a knitting Olympics I think I would get a gold medal for that.
- I am a process knitter. I love to feel the yarn, see the colors, try new techniques and color patterns and enjoy watching the item come together. Wearing and using the object is not as huge of a thrill as making it is, which is why I knit so much for others.
- I want to learn to spin my own yarn and hope to one day have some fiber animals of my own.
- I bought some yarn in a color that I really liked to make a diaper cover for one of the boys. I forgot I bought the yarn and later on at a sale almost bought the same yarn again. The only thing that saved me from doing it again was that there was not the quantity I needed. I later found the yarn when I was cleaning out my coat closet.
Monday, February 25, 2008
I have been tagged by the awesome Tama to do the seven things meme again. Since she is a knitter extrodinare and sells some beautiful yarn (Seriously you should go check it out! In a few days I will post pictures of something I knit using yarn I bought from her and it is dreamy) I am making this version a knitting version.