Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Book worm

Today I finally got a library card. We were not supposed to be in our current location this long so when I was childless so I just didn't bother. After Evan was born I kind of just let it slide and went to used book stores to get my reading fix. I figured since I had so little time I would end up paying a fortune in late fees any way. Don't ask me why I suddenly decided to get one but I did. Here is a list of what I got at the library because I know you all are dying to know.
  • Magic Street by Orsen Scott Card. He is a writer that I very much admire. I have gotten to know him better through several websites that he runs. This book is one of his newer offerings and I am excited to finally get a chance to read it.
  • Cell by Steven King. I have been a fan of Steven King since I was a teenager. When my grandmother died she had several Steven King books in her collection and my father decided to keep them. I really enjoy his stories and the creepy elements they have in them. I used to get books on tape and listen to them at night when I was supposed to be sleeping. I only checked out a Steven King book on tape once because after listening to Misery in the middle of the night in the dark I got too scared to continue listening.
  • Einstein by Michael White and John Gribbin. I figure that since my son loves Baby Einstein so much I may as well learn more about the man. I am a huge science nut any way and the face of physics was changed by his theories.
  • Parenting by Proxy by Dr Laura Schlessinger. I want to see what the fuss is about with Dr Laura. I have heard interesting things about her so I had to go and see for my self what all the hype was about.
As you can see I will be busy for a bit making my way through my reading pile. Back when I was a teenager this time of year I would be spending the bulk of my time reading. That list of books would have lasted a mere week at the most. I devoured words with gusto. I really miss those lazy days some times.

1 comment:

chichimama said...

Sounds like an interesting list!

Yeah, I was just bemoaning the loss of my summer reading time. This summer? One book baby. One book. It is so sad.