The winner of the knit stegosaurus is Joanna. Henceforth Steggie will be known as Buford. Don't ask me why, but the second I saw that name I knew that it would be the eventual winner. Buford is such a random and funny name, I think it fits much better than Steggie.
Other names that tickled me were:
- Yarnasaurus submitted by Paige. It did not win because a Yarnasauras is more of a species name to me rather than the name of an individual dinosaur. I will now consider any dino that I knit a yarnasaurus.
- Charlie submitted by Marcia. Charles is the middle name of the guy that named the stegosaurus.
- Rawr-chomp-chomp submitted by Michelle. Her two year old picked this name out. How could I not go aww over that name?
- Stella submitted by Julie D. After all how can I really know that Buford is male? Joanna may find that someday she will have a nest of eggs on her hands.
- Armand the Armored submitted by Frances. That is just such a smooth sounding name. I may just use that name for my next knit dino. I am sure that Armand will be quite the ladies' man (and not in a bad way, after all these are children's toys).