Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Time zone fun

The shape of the Earth is a great thing, a round planet is a planet that makes sense and is great to live on. The funny thing about the fact that the planet is round is that the sun does not hit all of the Earth all at once. There are parts of it where it is dark right now. Man has artifically created a thing called the time zone to help keep people on track and on time. Most people seem to get this concept and are able to easily incorporate it into their daily life.

Some people, however, are not as aware of the concept of time zones. I got a call from one such person this morning at 6:30. The company that provides Evan with his INR testing strips was calling to see if we needed a refill. I give them points for being proactive and calling me but the timing really sucked. They are located in Florida so there is a three hour time difference between them and me. They thought they were calling at a perfectly reasonable 9:30. The gal apologized and put a note in the file to be more aware of the time difference. I should have asked for some free test strips but I was half asleep and not very coherent.

6 comments:

Dan said...

I could phone when it's 9.30am here... you're only 8 hours behind me...

Summer said...

LOL Were you able to get back to sleep?

Anonymous said...

When my parents were serving a mission in the Philippines my insensitive sister-in-law called them not paying attention to time difference at all. She called at 2:30 a.m. their time - and it was not a pleasant phone call. I really could smack her sometimes. :)

At least they were being proactive and she noted the time difference.

Anonymous said...

yuck ... bad bad bad ...

Gina said...

I hate that!

Damselfly said...

Grr. We here on the east coast get the same thing in reverse from the west coast companies.