Monday, May 07, 2007

Review the Queue- Earth 2

Earth 2 is about a group of humans who break away for the ultra controlling Earth government to attempt to colonize a planet. They are so desperate because they are the parents of kids that are sick because of the lack of illnesses in the sterile space stations where the majority of humanity lives.

The story has good bones but lacked good writers. Often it borders on cheesiness. Often I found myself wondering how people who supposedly were from space stations knew how to survive on a desolate planet so well. The ending was horribly abrupt and annoying since there is no real sense of closure.

The big reason for me watching it was to see if it was as good as I remembered it being. I was devastated when the show was canceled. I even had a silly teen nerd crush on the character John Danziger (who, by the way, was a minor character on Lost). I was so into the show that I actually wrote some very awful and beyond hideous fan fiction based on the show. Looking back on the show with older eyes I can see why it was canceled. It was not even remotely as good as Firefly and defiantly did not deserve a wrap up movie but it was not painfully horrible if you don't have anything better to do with your time.

No comments: