Monday, May 07, 2007

Poor Evan and Poor Harry

We made a quick and unexpected trip to the pediatrician's office this morning. Harry had some white gunk in his mouth that alarmed me by growing quite a bit over night. I thought it might be thrush, but apparently it is some harmless virus that will eventually disappear on it's own. I guess that is why our pediatrician gets the big bucks and Google is just a simple search engine.

While we were there Evan was freaking out thinking that he was here for another shot. I reassured him that he was not going to get a shot. The doctor reassured him that he was not going to get a shot. Then the doctor mentioned that the AAP had decided to recommend routine Hepatitis A vaccination and wondered if I would like to have my kids get it right now since he had the time. I said yes and Evan's fears were confirmed since he did get a shot.

I wish that I had at the very least only had Harry given the shot. I feel like I lied to Evan even though it was entirely unintentional. It could have waited, it is not like we are never in the pediatrician's office, although visits of late have become rarer. The shot also came soon after I did Evan's INR (which was finally with in range after three long weeks of being high) so he ended up with two pokes this morning.

I am going to have to go and disinfect the toys in the nursery closet. That is most likely where Harry for the mouth virus thingy from and even if it was not, it is smeared all over the toys now. It is a good thing that there is a lot of germaphobic people out there so that there are plenty of easy to use products out there for me to use.

5 comments:

Magpie said...

Poor Evan. Hope they're both okay!

Anonymous said...

post more pics of the boys!

chichimama said...

Glad it was nothing, and so sorry about the shots....

Anonymous said...

awww poor kids!! Hope the virus clears up quickly! I so need to clear Becca's toys, I like to wash them down once a month but i fear that has not been upheld as of late!

Darren said...

I think Clare had that too about three years ago. I'll ask Clare's Mom about it.