Tuesday, October 14, 2008

An Awesome night out

The famed (among knitters any way) author Stephanie Pearl-McPhee came to Kansas City on Monday night and I was able to go see her speak. It was a very fun evening out! I went with some gals from my knitting group, it was nice to be able to chat with them after being MIA from meetings for so long (they meet on the same night that my husband has Scouts so I get to stay home with the kiddos). My queasy body even behaved for the day and I was able to get some knitting in. It was kind of cool being at an event where knitting in pubic was accepted and encouraged.

She mentioned that she was nervous that we might see a water stain on her pants since there were so many knitting bloggers out there. For the record I really truly could not see any water on her pants at all. She did a great job with her speech and was a very amusing speaker. She is also very nice in person and was very good about making sure that everyone got some time with her while they were getting the books signed. All in all it was great to get out with out kids and get some adult conversation in.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful!!! he has been here but before I got here!

So nice to head out for an evening!

Anonymous said...

Glad you were able to get out!

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

I saw her not to long ago when she came to our town. She's so funny! I'm glad you got to go out!!

Unknown said...

I love how there are celebrities within each group. I.e. who knew there were celebrities in the pumpkin geek...errr..growers world?